Aesop's Fables Collection
The following subject guide represents only a small portion of our collections, and does not represent all of the subject strengths of our collections. Please remember that the listed titles are only those in Special Collections-- many other sources can be found in other departments of the Library.
Though every attempt will be made to keep these guides current, please keep in mind that our collections are growing daily and we add titles in all subjects on an ongoing basis. Items appearing on lists without call numbers have not yet been catalogued; however, they are still accessible to interested researchers. If you would like to find out more about items in Special Collections or have a specific reference question, please email us at email@example.com.
Subject Guide to the Collection of Aesop's Fables
Central Washington University
Prepared by Anne Taylor
- 1848 Aesop's Fables. New York: Robert B. Collins, 1848. PZ8.2.A254 Jam.
- 1867 Three hundred Aesop's fables, literally translated from the Greek by the Rev. Geo. Fyler Townsend, with one hundred and fourteen illustrations, designed by Harrison Weir and engraved by J. Greenaway. London: George Routledge and Sons, 1867. PZ8.2.A254 Tow.
- 1875 The fables of Aesop and others, translated into human nature, designed and drawn on the wood by Charles H. Bennett and engraved by Swain. London: Chatto and Windus, 1875. PZ8.2.A254 Ben.
- 1894 A child's version of Aesop's fables, with a supplement containing fables from La Fontaine and Krilof. Boston: Ginn and Co., 1893. 398.2.A254ch.
- 1903 The Fables of Aesop, and others ; With designs on wood by Thomas Bewick. ( Reprint of the 1818 ed. printed by E. Walker for T. Bewick and Son, Newcastle.) New York: D. Appleton and Co., 1903. PZ8.2.A254 Bew 1903.
- 1941 Aesop's fables, in a new translation for modern readers, with illustrations by Aldren Watson. 398.2.A254f4.