Library Support For Centers Students
Are you enrolled at one of the CWU Centers? As a registered Centers student or faculty member of Central Washington University, you have access to the same level of service offered to main-campus students. Brooks Library has two satellite Library Resource Centers and several book drop sites throughout the state of Washington. The Des Moines Center Library Resources office and the Lynnwood Center Library Resources office provide on-site library services to CWU Centers students, including:
- Reference services with ready and in-depth research help.
- Instruction services for individuals, groups, and classes.
- Research computer stations and an instructional classroom computer lab.
- OneSearch journals, videos and government information.
- Summit Catalog, for searching and borrowing materials from other Pacific Northwest libraries. Requires active CWU Libraries Account.
- WorldCat, for searching and borrowing from over a 1,000 member libraries worldwide. Requires active Interlibrary Loan (ILLiad) account.
- Subscription database access to over 100 databases containing thousands of full-text journal articles, e-journals, newspapers, and streaming video. Requires active CWU Libraries Account.
- Ask A Librarian consultation services with Main Library Reference Staff.
- Tutorials on How to Do Research in the Library.
- Reference Guides to quickly get you to the most focused sources for your research assignments.
All library users will need to create or activate the following accounts:
- CWU Campus Account - Your general university account. All current students, staff & faculty are registered with this account, and issued a Connection Card.
- Library Account - A Library Account provides access to view & renew items currently checked out and request materials from Summit partner libraries in the Pacific Northwest.
- Interlibrary Loan (ILLiad) Account - Request materials from libraries across the U.S. Once created, you can remotely log into ILLiad. For more information, consult our ILLiad FAQ.
If you are having difficulty connecting from off-campus, please refer to our Guide to Connecting from Off-campus. You may also call our toll free telephone number at 800.290.3327 for further assistance.