Fashion History and Costume Design
The following subject guide represents only a small portion of our collections, and does not represent all of the subject strengths of our collections. Please remember that the listed titles are only those in Special Collections-- many other sources can be found in other departments of the Library.
Though every attempt will be made to keep these guides current, please keep in mind that our collections are growing daily and we add titles in all subjects on an ongoing basis. Items appearing on lists without call numbers have not yet been catalogued; however, they are still accessible to interested researchers. If you would like to find out more about items in Special Collections or have a specific reference question, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Subject Guide to Fashion History and Costume Design
Central Washington University
Prepared by Anne Bahde
- Braun, Louis, et. al. Zur Geschichte der Kostume. Munchen: Verlag Brom und Schneider, 18??. GT513.Z87.
- Huzixiang, Tan. Character Costume Figure Drawing. Oxford : Elsevier, 2003. PN2067.T36 2004.
- Lipson, Louis. Lipson's Artistic Costume Design. Los Angeles : the author, 1941. TT507.L55 1941.
- ---. Lipson's Textbook of Practical Costume Designing. Los Angeles : the author, 1950. TT507.L56 1950.
- Pilton, Camille. Le Costume Civil en France du XIII au XIX Siecle. Paris : Ernest Flammarion, 1927?. GT850.P5.
- Vogue Covers, 1900-1970. New York : Harmony Books, 1978. NC1849.F38 V64 1978.
- Ladies' Home Magazine. Philadelphia: T. S. Arthur, 1859-1860. AP2.L33.
- Godey's Lady's Book and Magazine. Philadelphia: Louis A. Godey. AP2.G63.
- Graham's Lady's and Gentleman's Magazine. Philadelphia: G. R. Graham. Edited by Edgar Allen Poe. AP2.G73.
- Needlecraft Magazine. New York : Needlecraft Publishing Co., 1930.
- Photoplay Magazine. Chicago: Photoplay Publishing House, 1924. (Jan-Feb)