The Northern Pacific Railroad
The following subject guide represents only a small portion of our collections, and does not represent all of the subject strengths of our collections. Please remember that the listed titles are only those in Special Collections-- many other sources can be found in other departments of the Library.
Though every attempt will be made to keep these guides current, please keep in mind that our collections are growing daily and we add titles in all subjects on an ongoing basis. Items appearing on lists without call numbers have not yet been catalogued; however, they are still accessible to interested researchers. If you would like to find out more about items in Special Collections or have a specific reference question, please email us at email@example.com.
Subject Guide to The Northern Pacific Railroad
Central Washington University
Prepared by Anne Bahde
- Northern Pacific Railroad charter and amendments. Philadelphia : Jay Cooke, 1870. HE2791.N61 1870.
- The Northern Pacific Railroad’s land grant and the future business of the road. Philadelphia : Jay Cooke, 1870. HE2791.N65.
- The Northern Pacific Railroad: its route, resources, progress and business: the new Northwest and its great thoroughfare. Philadelphia : Jay Cooke, 1871. HE2791.N857 1871b and F852.N6.
- Winser, Henry J. The Great Northwest: a guide-book and itinerary for the use of tourists and travelers. New York : G. P. Putnam’s Sons, 1883. F597.W77.
- The official Northern Pacific Railroad guide for the use of tourists and travelers. St. Paul , MN : W. C. Riley, 1892. F597.W79 1892 and F597.W79 1897.
- Wheeler, Olin Dunbar. 6,000 miles through wonderland, being a description of the marvelous region traversed by the Northern Pacific Railroad. Chicago: Rand McNally, 1893. E168.W4.
- Haskell, Charles. On reconnaissance for the great Northern. New York : New York Public Library, 1948. HE2791.G775 H3.