The following subject guide represents only a small portion of our collections, and does not represent all of the subject strengths of our collections. Please remember that the listed titles are only those in Special Collections-- many other sources can be found in other departments of the Library.
Though every attempt will be made to keep these guides current, please keep in mind that our collections are growing daily and we add titles in all subjects on an ongoing basis. Items appearing on lists without call numbers have not yet been catalogued; however, they are still accessible to interested researchers. If you would like to find out more about items in Special Collections or have a specific reference question, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Subject Guide to Okanogan County
Central Washington University
Prepared by Anne Taylor
- Brown, William C. Early Okanogan History. Okanogan: Okanogan Independent, 1911.
- Brown, John A. Highland Runners: A Tale of the Okanogans. Wenatchee: North Central Washington Museum, 1997.
- Devin, Doug. Mazama, the Past 100 Years: Life and Events in the Upper Methow Valley and Early Winters. Seattle: Peanut Butter Publishing, 1997.
- Fries, U. E. From Copenhagen to Okanogan . Caldwell, ID: Caxton Printers, 1951.
- Glimpses of Pioneer Life: A Series of Biographies, Experiences, and Events Intimately Concerned with the Settlement of Okanogan County. Okanogan: Okanogan Independent, 1924.
- Harris, Jana. Oh How Can I Keep Singing?: Voices of Pioneer Women of the Okanogan Valley . Princeton: Ontario Review Press, 1993.
- Helm, Elva, comp. All Roads Lead to Tonasket. Colville: Statesman-Examiner, 1985.
- An Illustrated History of Stevens, Ferry, Okanogan, and Chelan Counties . Spokane: Western Historical Publishing Company, 1904.
- Johnson, Donald. Legends, Lies, and Half Truths: The True Adventures of a Young Boy Growing Up in the Okanogan Valley…. Wenatchee: Apple Blossom Publishing, 2002.
- Lindblad, Frank. A Pioneer's Ballad of Days Before the Grand Coulee . n. p.: the author, 1967.
- Mourning Dove. Tales of the Okanogans. Fairfield, WA: Ye Galleon Press, 1976.
- Portman, Sally. Smiling Country: A History of Methow Valley . Winthrop, WA: Sun Mountain, 1993.
- Ramsey, Guy Reed. Postmarked Washington : Okanogan County . Omak: Okanogan County Historical Society, 1966.
- Stouder, Frederick. Okanogan Downtown Design and Improvement Plan. Seattle: Howell, Stouder and Associates, 1981.
- Trails and Tales of the Early-Day Settlers of North-eastern Okanogan County . Colville: Statesman-Examiner, 1982.
- Waring, Guy. My Pioneer Past. Boston: B. Humphries, 1936.
- Widel, Glen and Elizabeth. Okanogan: A Profile. Wenatchee: Wenatchee Bindery, 1973.
- Wilson, Bruce. Late Frontier: A History of Okanogan County, Washington. Omak: Okanogan County Historical Society, 1990.
- Yates, H. A. A Pioneer Project, a Story of Courage. Portland: Metropolitan Press, 1968.