Are you enrolled in an Online Degree Program or studying abroad? Even if you don’t have direct access to the main campus, Brooks Library can still support all of your research needs.
Library Support For Online Students
As a registered online student or faculty member of Central Washington University, you have access to the same level of service offered to on-campus patrons:
- Cattrax - Brooks Library Catalog.
- Interlibrary Loan - Delivery of your books right to your door via the U.S. Postal Service.
- WorldCat - Find books from over 1000 member libraries across the nation and get them delivered to your front door.
- Summit Catalog of the Orbis Cascade Alliance - Includes Ebooks from other Pacific Northwestern libraries. Print books can be borrowed as well, but must be picked up and returned at drop sites in the Seattle area, rather than via US postal service to your front door. Students not in the Seattle vicinity or near main campus in Ellensburg may be better served with Interlibrary Loan, instead of Summit.
- Databases - Over 100 databases, containing thousands of articles from journals, e-journals, newspapers, and streaming video.
- Open Library - Over one million free ebooks
- YouTube Educational - Lectures
- TedTalks - "Ideas worth spreading"
- Ask A Librarian - Live chat or email with Main Library Reference Staff.
- Tutorials on How to Do Research in the Library.
- Health, Human Performance, and Nutrition
- Information Technology and Administrative Management
- Foreign Languages
- Latino and Latin American Studies
- Teaching Reading Videos
All library users will need to create or activate the following accounts:
- My CWU - Your general university account. All current students, staff & faculty are registered with this account, and issued a Connection Card.
- Library Account - A Library Account provides access to view & renew items currently checked out and request materials from Summit partner libraries in the Pacific Northwest.
- Interlibrary Loan (ILLiad) Account - Request materials from libraries across the U.S. Once created, you can remotely log into ILLiad. For more information, consult our ILLiad FAQ.
If you are having difficulty connecting from off-campus, please refer to our Guide to Connecting from Off-campus. You may also call our toll free telephone number at 800.290.3327 for further assistance.
For more information about library support for Online Learning, please contact Geri Hopkins at (509) 963-1925, or firstname.lastname@example.org.