What to Expect at the Libraries
Summer Quarter Hours
June 21 - August 20
- Monday - Thursday: 7:30 am - 7:00 pm
- Friday: 7:30 am - 5:00 pm
- Saturday: 11:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Sunday: 11:00 am - 7:00 pm
- Exception: Saturday, July 3 - Monday, July 5: Closed
Brooks Library is open!
- Hours are subject to change. Check our hours page for the most up-to-date information.
- Spaces are regularly cleaned and disinfected.
- Reservable study rooms are available for use at a reduced capacity.
- The family study space is currently unavailable.
- Jimmy B's cafe will be closed for the remainder academic year. 1891 Cafe & Market, across the street from Brooks Library in Northside Commons, remains open.
- The Library Centers located at Des Moines and Lynnwood will reopen once their host campuses are able to do so.
In alignment with CWU policy on face coverings updated on 1 July 2021:
- Fully vaccinated individuals are not required to wear face coverings inside university buildings or outside on the Ellensburg campus.
- Those who are not fully vaccinated must wear face coverings on university grounds and inside university buildings, including Brooks Library.
- Center locations will align with current host campus policies.
Ask the Libraries
Research and general library support is available through 24/7 chat assistance, virtual research consultations, and via phone and email. We’re here to help!
Instruction & Course Support
- Get in touch with your subject librarian to set up instruction for your class or submit an instruction request.
- See our instruction & course support page for more information about instruction services.
- Open Educational Resources (OERs) are educational resources that are free to use in your teaching and learning.
Remote access is available to significant digital collections including ebooks, ejournals, and streaming media, discoverable through our integrated OneSearch catalog and our subscriptions to subject databases and collections—all accessible on- and off-campus with your CWU login. We have many new and trial databases, noted on the right side of our A-Z database list, to support online learning and research.
CWU students, faculty, and staff may request CWU Libraries books and media from OneSearch. You can either visit the library service desk at your convenience, setup a Brooks Library curbside pickup appointment or, for users outside of Ellensburg, request that we mail items to your home address. Once your material is available, we will contact you to determine your preference. Contact email@example.com with any questions.
Summit & interlibrary loan
Physical item requesting through Summit and interlibrary loan and is now available. Many libraries remain closed and may be unable to lend us material, but we'll do our best to fill your request. The above pickup and delivery options are available.
Article & chapter scans
We will scan and deliver articles and book chapters from our collection and deliver them to your email within 24 hours. Find material and place requests through OneSearch. Due to copyright and administrative restrictions, we can only offer scanning of reasonable and limited portions of works.
Access to specialized collections
Government Publications and Music Library materials are available by request only. Please call 509-963-3682 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance. Music Library equipment is available in reservable study room 355 when the library is open.
Due dates & late fees
Newly checked out material will have the standard loan periods applied. If you're unable to return your checked out material by the due date, please contact email@example.com. All long-term late fees accrued during this period will be waived. Library users are responsible for overdue fees on short-term material such as laptops and course reserves.
Returning checked-out material
Books and media, including Summit and interlibrary loan materials, may be returned to the book drop near the front entrance of Brooks Library.
If you wish to return books and media by mail, our mailing address is: Brooks Library (mail stop 7548), 400 E University Way, Ellensburg, WA 98926-7548. To request pre-paid return postage please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Returns may also be made at an Orbis Cascade Alliance member library. Please check individual library websites to confirm they are accepting returns.
If the above options are not available to you, please contact us us at 509-963-3682 or email@example.com for additional accommodations.
Laptops and a variety of other materials are available at the libraries for short-term checkout. See the borrow & request page for more information.