Fall 2020: What to Expect at the Libraries
Brooks Library is open!
- Hours are subject to change. Check our hours page for the most up-to-date information.
- Jimmy B's cafe is open Monday - Thursday 10 a.m. - 7 p.m.
- Spaces and seating are modified for appropriate physical distancing. Please leave furniture in place.
- Main stairs are used to move up through the builiding and back stairs are used to move down through the buidling.
- Spaces are regularly cleaned and disinfected.
- Reservable study rooms are available for individual use.
- The Library Centers located at Des Moines and Lynnwood will reopen once their host campuses are able to do so.
All students, faculty, staff, and visitors to campus (as well as to Brooks Library) must wear face coverings at all times. Wearing face coverings in public is Washington state law as it reduces the transmission of airborne pathogens, such as the coronavirus.
- Disposable face covering are available at the first floor service desk for users who forget theirs.
See the university’s fall 2020 stay safe guide for the five key safety measures that everyone who visits campus must follow.
Ask the Libraries
Research and general library support is available through 24/7 chat assistance, virtual research consultations, and via phone and email. We’re here to help!
Instruction & Course Support
- Get in touch with your subject librarian to set up instruction for your class or submit an instruction request.
- See our instruction & course support page for more information about instruction services.
Open Educational Resources (OERs) are educational resources that are free to use in your teaching and learning.
Remote access is available to significant digital collections including ebooks, ejournals, and streaming media, discoverable through our integrated OneSearch catalog and our subscriptions to subject databases and collections—all accessible on- and off-campus with your CWU login. We have many new and trial databases, noted on the right side of our A-Z database list, to support online learning and research.
CWU students, faculty, and staff may request CWU Libraries books and media from OneSearch. You can either visit the library service desk at your convenience, setup a Brooks Library curbside pickup appointment or, for users outside of Ellensburg, request that we mail items to your home address. Once your material is available, we will contact you to determine your preference. Contact email@example.com with any questions.
Summit & interlibrary loan
Physical item requesting through Summit and interlibrary loan and is now available. Many libraries remain closed and may be unable to lend us material, but we'll do our best to fill your request. Once received, your item will be placed in a short quarantine. The above pickup and delivery options are available.
Article & chapter scans
We will scan and deliver articles and book chapters from our collection and deliver them to your email within 24 hours. Find material and place requests through OneSearch. Due to copyright and administrative restrictions, we can only offer scanning of reasonable and limited portions of works.
Access to specialized collections
Government Publications, Music Library, and Curriculum Library materials are available by request only. Please come to the Brooks Library first floor service desk, call 509-963-3682, or email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance. Music Library equipment is available in reservable study room 355.
Due dates & late fees
Your CWU Libraries, Summit, and interlibrary loan items were automatically renewed for you until the beginning of winter quarter 2021. All long-term late fees accrued during this period will be waived. Library users are responsible for overdue fees on short-term material such as laptops and course reserves.
Returning checked-out material
Books and media, including Summit and interlibrary loan materials, may be returned to the book drop near the front entrance of Brooks Library. Returns may also be made at an Orbis Cascade Alliance member library. Please check individual library websites to confirm they are accepting returns.
Laptops and a variety of other materials are available at the libraries for short-term checkout. See the borrow & request page for more information.