CWU Libraries is committed to being a full partner with students and faculty in providing transformative teaching, learning, and research. We provide a wide variety of services, resources, and programs. We seek to make our offerings even more deeply integrated with the needs of our students and the greater CWU community.
- Be a partner in transformative teaching, learning, and research
- Welcome the university community with excellent service and resources, seamless access to those resources and services, and inclusive spaces and programs accessible and approachable to all
- Add to the quality of life of the CWU community
Create and extend an atmosphere of inclusiveness and diversity
Key Three-Year Goals
- Create welcoming user experiences and inclusive access by transforming physical spaces and creating virtual spaces and services
- Create diversity in the collections across disciplines and formats
- Create pathways to affordable course materials
- Build digital humanities teaching, learning, and research support
- Build data management services
Create and nurture a nimble, responsive CWU Libraries organization
CWU Libraries Newsletter
Sign up for our quarterly newsletter to receive updates on library events, programs, and services.
History of CWU Libraries
Library Advisory Council
Reports to the Dean of Libraries or designee and shall advise the Dean on the development of library collections, policies, and services. The Council will develop and adopt operational guidelines that will direct the Council’s work into the future. The Council is charged with:
- Providing input and guidance on matters related to the operational effectiveness of the Central Washington University Libraries.
- Serves as advocates for the libraries to the university community and beyond.
- Represents the students, faculty and staff in library-related needs.
- Actively searches for ways to improve the libraries and promote programs to make our patrons aware of our resources and services, including those of the wider community.
- Committee Composition
11 members, including 1 ex-officio (the Dean of Libraries or designee), 10 appointed, including 5 faculty (1 CAH, 1 CEPS, 1 COTS, 1 CB, 1 CWU Center), 1 CWU staff, 1 library faculty/staff, and 3 students (appointed by the Associated Students of Central Board of Directors).
Reports to: Rebecca Lubas, Dean of Libraries
Contact: Shelley Berry, Brooks Library
Chair: Robert Lowery
Purpose: Advises the Dean of Libraries on the development of library collections, policies, and services.
- Committee Membership
Member Type Position Member Name Term Ends Ex-officio Dean of Libraries Rebecca Lubas n/a Appointed 1 Faculty from CAH Sarah Sillin 06/15/2021 1 Faculty from CEPS Yukari Amos 06/15/2022 1 Faculty from CB Tennecia Dacass 06/15/2022 1 Faculty from COTS Sterling Quinn 06/15/2022 1 Faculty from a CWU Center Fabio Ambrosio 06/15/2021 1 CWU Staff
06/15/2021 3 CWU Students Kimberly Wiles
06/15/2021 1 Library Staff Sydney Thompson 06/15/2022
- Reports & Bylaws
Library Advisory Council Bylaws
Library Advisory Council Dean's Report 02/07/20
Library Advisory Council Dean's Report 10/18/19
Library Advisory Council Dean's Report 06/04/19
Library Advisory Council Dean's Report 04/08/19
Library Advisory Council Dean's Report 11/14/18
Library Advisory Council Dean’s Report 04/12/18
Library Advisory Council Dean’s Report 01/19/18
- Archives Collection Development Policy
- Archives and Special Collection Research Room Policy
- CWU Recognized Student Clubs Use of Brooks Library Space Policy
- Exhibit & Display Policy
- Fair Use Guidelines
- Filming / Photographing In The Library Policy And Procedures
- Gift Policy And Procedures
- Interlibrary Loan (ILL) Borrowing & Lending Policy & Procedures
- Privacy and Confidentiality Policy
- Public Computer Use Policy
- Request For Reconsideration Of Library Resources Policy
- Research Room Policy
- Streaming Content Policy & Procedure